Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords prompted for random eMails upon iCloud back up? Bizarre.

My iPhone was stolen several weeks ago and I considered it long gone. However, yesterday I received a call from someone who saw my name in the "Lost my iPhone" feature with my contact information. The guy claimed he bought it from craigslist and didn't know it was stolen until he got home and that's when he contacted me. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but I thought I should mention it.

Awesome! I got my iPhone 6 64GB back, which I am grateful for. HOWEVER, I tried backing up my last iCloud (WiFi) backup and immediately after entering my iCloud account and password information I am prompted to enter a password for a random email/iCloud account. I forgot exactly what the prompt asks for, I cannot replicate the issue for you guys (you'll see why). It was something about apps purchased the with these accounts and I have to enter the password to recover the content. Below the prompt there is a "Skip" button and I clicked this. Immediately after that email another icloud account is prompted and again I clicked skip. This happened another dozen times and I gave up. Some of the emails appeared randomly generated while others seemed legit and one name appeared multiple time in different variations. The bizarre part is when I was prompted for a password for the email "fbi@usa.com" and I then considered these were just randomly selected/generated emails. So I instead reverted to an older iTunes backup on my desktop which worked just fine but was missing a lot of my newer content.

The next day (Today) I decided to try again and after several skips I called Apple support when the FBI prompt appeared. The support agent had no idea what was going on, as usual, not competent and just following his flow chart while I try to solve the problem my self. While he was "finding the solution" I kept hitting the skip button and after 40 emails my iPhone finally restored and I hung up on the guy.

Cool, I solved the problem. BUT while my iPhone was restoring, downloading all of the apps, my battery started to drain. It was taking unusually long and when I tried to view my pictures they were all white. It usually takes about 20 minutes to restore everything. My iPhone 6 soon died and I plugged it into the outlet. When it turned back on with 4% I started reviewing all all of my snapchats and missed instagram notifications and it died again. I thought this was strange but considered it was because it was downloading all of my content, even though this never happened before. When it turned back on with a decent charge I started using it, it died again. This happened 4 times. I eventually switched lightning cables but this wasn't the problem. The 5th or 6th time the device died and never turned back on. When I push the sleep/wake button a drained battery appears with 3 blinking red lines AND the blinking lightning cable. I let it charge for an hour and tried powering it on but the same screen appears. I unplugged it and attempted to hard reset it but it just powers off only to power on with the same screen. I decided to let it die and try charging it again but it's been over an THREE HOURS and it still has NOT died. Normally if this was the case it would die in under 5 minutes of my continually powering it on. But instead the same drained battery screen appears. Oh yeah, I updated it to the latest operating system when I restored the iTunes back up.

What is the problem???

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:17 PM

There are no replies.

Passwords prompted for random eMails upon iCloud back up? Bizarre.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.