Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change spacing between text boxes

In Pages, when I change something to multiple columns, it actually adds a large amount of space between what appears to be text boxes. If I enable "Show layout", it shows a border around the various "boxes" with the white space between them. How do I reduce this space and or remove it.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:38 PM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2015 9:35 PM in response to Yellowbox

It was made using the "Informal Resume" template in Pages version 5.5.2. I looked and I can not get the text box menu that would include what you are talking about. You only see the making around the box when you have the show layout option enabled. It has something to do with multiple areas of 2 columns.

Thanks for the reply.

Apr 9, 2015 2:56 AM in response to csing12

Hi csing,

In a document from the "Informal Resume" template, I turned on these settings in the View Menu to help me see how the document is arranged:

User uploaded file

Here is a some screen shots of the document. I added Borders to the text boxes for clarity. My notes are in red.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

In My Humble Opinion, this template is all over the place like a mad dog's breakfast. Use the template for ideas. Then create your own template from

Menu > File > New from Template Chooser > Basic > Blank.

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 9, 2015 6:44 AM in response to csing12

When you use multiple columns, you introduce column Gutter, or the gap between the columns. Just as the column widths can be double-clicked, with direct values entered by you, the Gutter value can also be modified in the same manner. If you want asymmetrical columns, then simply uncheck the Equal column width, and adjust to your need. The Text Format panel’s Layout tab gets you to these adjustments.

How to change spacing between text boxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.