Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Authentication

I've been getting iCloud authentication emails from iCloud.authentication@gmail.com. Thought it was spam so didn't confirm via the link provided in the email, Got two reminders and then an email saying my Apple ID had been delinked from iCloud and that I should relink from the website. Tried to access iCloud immediately with my password but couldn't. Had to change password in order to access. Immediately thereafter, I got another message saying I had to confirm account? Anyone know whats going on? Also, if this is for realskis, why is iCloud emailing from a gmail account?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:10 PM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 12:55 AM in response to Mishal N

iCloud is not emailing from a Gmail account - it's a phishing attempt to get your login. Never click on links in these emails. Genuine emails from Apple will address you by name, not as 'Dear Customer' or something like that, and will come from the apple.com domain, never from any other domain. If you want to change passwords or do anything with your account always go directly to http://appleid.apple.com

iCloud Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.