Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th gen ipod touch lost with find my ipod turned on and wifi off

My daughter lost her 4th generation ipod touch. Find my ipod is on, but the app was not downloaded. It is not locked. How can i find it or delete data on it? icloud is not completely set up

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 10:43 PM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:52 PM in response to mende1

Unfortunately, we are relatively new to Apple products. So, forgive if I need to clarify the "lingo". I think wifi was "on" but when it disappeared, she was at a recreation center...not near any of the wifi connections in her list. So does that mean that wifi is not connected? At this point, I'm more concerned about my personally identifiable data on it than the device. How can i protect the data on it now?

Apr 1, 2015 1:45 AM in response to T'Mo

You are out of luck since as your described the iPod is not connected to the internet.

lost/stolen

No app on the iOS device is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod/iPhone/iPad on the iOS device in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected or cellular data is on and connected for, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or continue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iOS device and have the device play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the device and report to police and carrier if iPhone or cellular iPad

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the erase (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 or later on the device. With iOS 7 or later, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

4th gen ipod touch lost with find my ipod turned on and wifi off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.