Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe flash player "Installation failed. Not enough permissions to write disk"

Hi there, my adobe flash player keeps on having issues. I downloaded the install file, open it and click install and it instantly fails and comes up with this message.

"Installation failed. Not enough permissions to write disk". Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:34 PM

11 replies

Jun 7, 2015 8:11 AM in response to nic138

Open a terminal and go to the folder

cd /Volumes/Adobe\ Flash\ Player\ Installer/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/

And then do:

sudo ./Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player

Enter your admin password (nothing will show when you type your password in the Terminal 🙂)

It worked for me! The installation launched and it works 🙂

(Or simply copy paste the two lines in your terminal 😉)

Sep 19, 2015 7:11 AM in response to nic138

I tried everything on the Adobe web site - clean install ad looking for and removing the Adobe Flash Install Manager to no avail. When I looked at my Adobe folder in my *HOME* folder the owner of the Adobe directory was root. This still doesn't make sense to me that there is a system level permission folder in a ~/ directory, but it is. I changed the owner of the folder from root (system) to my user and re-ran the installer without an issue. Seems like a prior Adobe install fouled up the home directory permissions.

Jul 18, 2016 8:02 AM in response to nic138

As of: 7/18/16

1. Double-Click on the Adobe Flash Player Installer Disk Image to mount it.

2. Right-Click on the Install Adobe Flash Player.app and select Show Package Contents in the pop-up contextual menu

3. Navigate the folders until you reach Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager

4. Open Terminal

5. Type "sudo"

6. Drag the file Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager onto the terminal. This writes the path of this file after sudo.

7. Press Return.

The install should then proceed.

adobe flash player "Installation failed. Not enough permissions to write disk"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.