Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone doesnt seem to recognise my sim card

hello to anyone reading,

i have recently gotten a second-hand iphone 5 and i was in the process of putting my sim card in it, although my rush to get it working as quick as possible i made the stupid blonde mistake of putting a memory card in the sim card slot so it got stuck. alas it has been taken out and now i can put a sim card in it.

BUT my iphone wont actually recognise the fact my sim card is in it and i am unsure of what to do because there has been a small amount of damage to the sim card slot thing because i tried to get the memory card out myself.

so i was wondering if anyone knows what to do, would i have to send it off to apple and get them to fix it, and if so how much (estimating) would that be?

or is it as good as gone? have a ruined my only chance to be the owner of an iphone????

HELP SOS

iPhone 5, small damage to sim card slot

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 12:16 AM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2015 12:57 PM in response to shelbyville24

Greetings shelbyville24,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that there may be some damage to the SIM card slot on your iPhone and it will not recognize when a SIM card is in the phone. In this situation, it may be necessary to have your iPhone evaluated for service. For more information on this process, please refer to the attached link.

iPhone Other Repair Options - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

my iphone doesnt seem to recognise my sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.