Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is internationalization so poor for Apple products?

I travel a lot, to many different countries. Why does Apple not allow me to select my preferred language myself (e.g. for the Apple Software Update program) and have all my apps and content in a single, easy-to-manage iTunes store?

Purely idiotic and user unfriendly, this idea of having separate iTunes marketplaces for each country; even if I want local free apps in multiple countries I have to maintain a host of different apple accounts, each with its own credit card data (one for each country I travel to!) in order to get and update my FREE apps.

Apple has a huge problem with I18N. Also, if I am located in a different country, where the official language is different from English, I don't see why Apple Update should decide to use an unwanted language or require me to do some hacking around to change the language, which it did not allow me to select in the first place...

I have multiple devices (iPod, iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC laptops) and all of them make me absolutely hate the iTunes system that is made to extort money from its users, not for a positive UX.

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:55 AM

1 reply

Why is internationalization so poor for Apple products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.