Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Wake on Lan problem

Hi all,

I have a MacBook Pro mid-2009 model (4G RAM, 300G hard-drive). It is currently running Mac OS 10.9

The computer is connected to Airport Time Capsule (mid-2014 model) via cable and the Time Capsule is connected to Reuter via cable under bridge mode. It is using DHCP without a static IP address (but I suppose this would not be a problem as the packet was received, see below).

I tried to wake up the MacBook Pro (with lid open) from another computer using Teamviewer, but failed.

There is evidence that the magic packet is successfully received by the MacBook Pro:

Initially after the wake up request is sent, I hear some noise of either hard drive or fans and the status light stops flashing (as it would under sleep mode).

The display stays off and after a while, the MacBook Pro goes back to sleep mode again (the wake up process failed).

The computer can successfully exit sleep mode if:

1) I press a key on the keyboard; or

2) Close the lid first and then open the lid.

Any one can help solving this issue?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:13 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro Wake on Lan problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.