Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won't switch off when I close the cover

I Have apple I pad 3 It will not switch off when I close my cover

iPad

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:07 PM

It's a smart cover and you have Settings > General > Lock / Unlock 'on' ? If you do the try toggling that setting off and on and see if the cover then turns the screen off and on, and if not try a soft-reset (i.e. a reboot) and see if it works after the iPad has restarted : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 1:07 PM in response to Koolkatt29

It's a smart cover and you have Settings > General > Lock / Unlock 'on' ? If you do the try toggling that setting off and on and see if the cover then turns the screen off and on, and if not try a soft-reset (i.e. a reboot) and see if it works after the iPad has restarted : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear

My iPad won't switch off when I close the cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.