Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Lion stuck at reinstallation

Hello dear Apple community,

I recently decided to have a fresh re-installation of OSX Lion on my Macbook Pro because it was craaawling slow over the last few weeks.
I erased the hard disk and chose to re-install as indicated in the official apple assistance page.

The problem now, is that since yesterday (it's been more than 12 hours) my laptop is stuck at a white screen with a wheel spinning on the botton and a "forbidden" sign in the middle of the screen. Please see the snapshot below. It's been like that for more than 12 hours, and I thought I should wait for it to finish something that it has been doing, but watching a few videos and visiting some websites on how to re-install I saw that this shouldn't happen!

User uploaded file

Note: Please, don't tell me what I should have done, like reinstalling from a flash drive etc. Please tell me, how I would be able to solve this now, because I need my computer to be functioning tomorrow morning for my job.
Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:39 AM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2015 3:52 AM in response to parismav

parismav wrote:

Are you sure shutting it down manually is a safe choice?

Yes it is safe, besides the only other option is running the battery till empty and that is not good for the battery.

Boot the MBP with the OPTION + COMMAND + R keys.

The display should show a revolving globe.

If you follow the directions, you will be connected to the Apple servers. There will be a four option menu. Select Disk Utility and erase the HDD. Then select the reinstall option and it should allow for the installation of the original OSX.

You will need a solid Internet connection.

Ciao

OSX Lion stuck at reinstallation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.