Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts has disappeared

I have the latest IOS 8.2

The Podcasts app has disappeared from my iPhone even though iTunes says it's installed. I have deleted the file, closed and re-opened iTunes and downloaded another Podcasts app from the App Store, but it didn't work.

I don't want to re-install and use a back up because, even though it's only been a couple of days since my last back up, there are additions and deletions since that I do not want to lose.

Please can anyone tell me why Podcasts disappeared (thanks, Apple!), and, more importantly, how I can get it back.

Many thaks in advance 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:11 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 4:08 AM in response to inknpaper

So it sounds like you're using Spotlight search and it's not returning apps in the results. Assuming that you have Apps enabled in the Settings for Spotlight, then that would seem like a recurrence of the bug in Spotlight (which was supposed to have been fixed in 8.2). Try restarting your phone. Have you tried just looking for the Podcasts app on your homescreens and folders?

Apr 4, 2015 1:42 AM in response to AKRBTN

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've restarted, looked manually and performed a Spotlight search.

When I'm in iTunes/Apps, it says 'installed'. I have dragged it across anyway and placed it on the last page so I can easily find it, and the icon does actually show up on the App preview page, but when I go to my phone after the sync, Podcasts isn't there.

It's all very strange.

No doubt it's Apple's (successful) attempt to force consumers to purchase their latest hardware by placing a bug in older models.

Podcasts has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.