Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen locked with voice over and zero value

My ipad screen is locked with voice over and every time I put in my pass code it just repeats and says zero value. How do I get into my ipad without having to loose all my data. Have icloud backup but not sure if that is working properly.Frustrated!

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:19 AM

Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut (or Triple-Click Home depending upon the iOS version).

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off'. You need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling e.g. to type a digit of your passcode tap the digit so that it gets a box around it, and then double-tap the digit to type it.

Or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : select the iPad in iTunes, select its Summary tab, scroll to the bottom of that and click the 'configure accessibility' button :

User uploaded file

And on the popup select 'none' for the 'seeing' option :

User uploaded file

Clicking 'ok' should turn it 'off' on your iPad

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 4:19 AM in response to maxsine

Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut (or Triple-Click Home depending upon the iOS version).

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off'. You need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling e.g. to type a digit of your passcode tap the digit so that it gets a box around it, and then double-tap the digit to type it.

Or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : select the iPad in iTunes, select its Summary tab, scroll to the bottom of that and click the 'configure accessibility' button :

User uploaded file

And on the popup select 'none' for the 'seeing' option :

User uploaded file

Clicking 'ok' should turn it 'off' on your iPad

Screen locked with voice over and zero value

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.