Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet problem - i can't login in App store

Hi, I've tried to download Osx Yosemite from app store but i can't log in, it gives this error 'Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.'

I found that if you have not a working ethernet you can't login, well a year ago my two ethernet ports are broken along with my router and a hub ethernet cause of a lightning strike and i'm using wifi adapter since then.

So how am i be able to login to app store, or anyway download Osx Yosemite?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. my mashine is Mac Pro 3.1 2008 with Osx Mavericks

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:40 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 6:53 AM in response to viewlife

I think it's possible (but I can't be sure) that the added WiFi card is the cause. Every device that can access the internet has a unique MAC (media access code). Maybe App store recognizes it as a non-Apple product? Or, more likely, your AppleID isn't correctly associated with that wifi device.

I think you may need to call Apple or go to an Apple Store.

I also think you may get more help if you post on the App Store topic area.

And I see several help videos on youtube - maybe worth a try.

Apr 1, 2015 9:18 AM in response to greg sahli

Thanks Greg for your quick response, last question.

Is there any other possible way to download the Os, because i've tried to login from another iMac an hour ago and through the procedure after login, it's asking details for credit card, i'don't have credit card or anything of this, the only thing i want to do is download Yosemite and i don't want to use other options like torrent!!!

Ethernet problem - i can't login in App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.