Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am unable to download itunes. i keep getting an error, not susfficient priviledge

i have a new laptop, windows 8.

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:09 AM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2015 2:03 PM in response to karenfromgaven

Hello Karen,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like you're trying to install iTunes on your new Windows laptop, but you get an error about "insufficient privileges." Try the following tips to troubleshoot this situation:

1. Make sure that you're logged in to your computer as an administrator.
    If you're not sure if you have an administrator account, read Windows 7: How do I log on as an administrator? You can also refer to your computer's help system, contact your IT department, or visit support.microsoft.com for assistance.
  2. Install the latest Microsoft Windows updates.
    To download the latest updates, visit the Microsoft Windows Update website. iTunes for Windows requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, with the latest Service Pack installed. If you can’t install the updates, refer to your computer's help system, contact your IT department, or visit support.microsoft.com for assistance.
  3. Visit the iTunes download page. Click Download Now to download the iTunes installer. When prompted, click Save (instead of Run).
  4. Right click on iTunesSetup or iTunes64Setup (the installer you downloaded in step 3).
    If you have Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: Choose "Run as administrator."
    If you have Windows XP: Choose Open.
    If you've previously installed iTunes, the installer will prompt you to repair the software.
    After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try launching iTunes.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

i am unable to download itunes. i keep getting an error, not susfficient priviledge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.