Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps launch randomly after turning on Reduce Motion

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my iPod 5. It seems that Apps are reopening themselves in the background. This started happening right after I turned "Reduce Motion" on in Accessibility. It happens like this:

I open an app (like Settings or Calendar) and use it before closing it.

I either leave the iPod for a few moments or I open another app.

I double-press the home button again and the app I just closed has somehow reopened itself.

This has happened many times since I turned "Reduce Motion" on. I've already done a soft reset (and would really hate to do a full reset). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ethan

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:35 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Ethan7988

When you say you closed the app you do mean that you double click the Home button and slide that app up to close it,

So after you do that you double click the Home button and that app is still listed?

If that is the case try:

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Apr 1, 2015 1:38 PM in response to lllaass

Hi lllaass!

I was just using my iPod again listening to music. When I was done listening, I double-pressed the home button and closed the app. But a few moments later, I realized the music was still playing and I found the problem: After swiping the app up to close it, I was tapping the home screen before the app fully closed. So it appeared as if the app reopened itself after closing. Thanks for your reply, anyway!

-Ethan

Apps launch randomly after turning on Reduce Motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.