Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't connect to my wifi network and the IP address details are blank.

I have a wireless network run through satellite because of my remote location. Recently the power cable was removed from the satellite box thingy that connects to the router and I was disconnected for a while.

I managed to figure it all out and reconnect my laptop but I can't reconnect the family's 2 iphones and 2 ipads. I've read what to do on other posts (ie Reset Network settings, turn router and devices off/on, choose "other" networks etc) but all without success. The one thing I have noticed is that when I'm in Settings>Wifi and I see my network as a choice, when I click on the little blue info symbol, there is no information against all of the IP Address details like subnet mask, router, DNS etc. I'm sure that I had seen a bunch of numbers there before??

So despite turning everything off and on again (at least 30 secs), I still can't connect to my network. It just asks for my password but then says "Unable to join the network". And I know my password is correct.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Many thanks.

iPad Air

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:33 AM

8 replies

Apr 1, 2015 5:55 AM in response to Jopella

Try resetting Network settings

Open Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings (sorry, I just reread your post & noticed you already tried that 😟)

The IP address details, etc should appear once you are connected to the network.

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for your router? Have you contacted your internet service provider, they may have a solution?

Apr 1, 2015 6:31 AM in response to Jopella

Was your router provided by your ISP or are you using one you purchased separately? Your router should have come with instructions. There is usually a web based setup page you can access. Look at your router's address as shown on your laptop. Key that into the address bar of your browser & that should bring up the router's setup page. There should be option to reset to factory settings on that page.

Apr 1, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Jopella

I used to have a satellite connection to the internet. When ever the power went off I was told to turn on the devices in a specific order for them to work properly.

Try shutting off every device including all iPads, iPhones, computer, Wi-Fi router and Satellite modem. Then turn them on one at a time in the order listed below. Be sure to wait until each device completes its start up routine before starting up the next item. When my satellite modem was restarted it often had to download an update. The time this took varied with the update. So be sure the Satellite modem is up and connected to the Satellite before going to the next device.

1. Satellite Modem.

2. Wi-Fi Router

3. Your computer. Check to see that your computer connects to the internet.

4. iPad or iPhone and remaining devices one at a time.

I can't connect to my wifi network and the IP address details are blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.