Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi direct from iphone to LG smart TV

i want to share my iphone content by wi-fi direct on my LG smart TV

so please let me know how to do this?

i don't have apple TV

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:42 AM

33 replies

Jun 24, 2017 9:33 PM in response to perfectreign

Why would Apple support Miracast? They have their own technology. Its not like Bluetooth where there is a consortium.

Apple has a standard for wireless streaming... LG TVs do not have that technology built in.

Would you also have said... "My Sony Betamax player should let me play VHS tapes..."

Airplay can be licensed. You can add Airplay via an app to a Windows or macOS computer. Note the TM symbol next to Airplay.

User uploaded file

http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/

This company licensed the Airplay technology and sell it. LG could do the same. With this app you could Airplay to a Mac or a Windows PC, but not your LG TV.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Jun 24, 2017 12:12 PM in response to perfectreign

Don't tell me i need something proprietary

A. Not a bug.

B. Why ask questions you don't want answers too?

Unless your LG TV accepts an Apple Airplay stream, you can't stream to it. Not a bug. A limitation of your LG TV.

LG can license the Airplay technology if they choose and provide that to you. They have only aligned with the Android way of streaming audio and video.

Jun 24, 2017 9:21 PM in response to LACAllen

It would seem like a bug if both my Windows phones and Android phones support the Miracast standard but Apple does not.

Kind of reminds me of the issues I had trying to connect my Macintosh to a network. I ended up needing an AppleTalk card.

Is there a feedback forum to ask for support for a standard? I wouldn't want to force LG to use a proprietary Apple technology.

Sep 12, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Blingdog17

Ha, no worries for me. I'm used to the Apple fanbois. Have been dealing with them since the late '90s. (I actually still have my Apple IIe and my Mac SE/30 but never use them.) I also used to be on Usenet and IRC, so have a very thick skin.

I'll try the Imediashare application.

Odd that this forum requires two-factor authentication every time. it is a forum, after all.

Mar 13, 2018 6:42 PM in response to satish5193

I just spent thousands on new televisions. LG doesn’t support airplay. Apple doesn’t support an app for LG. Or vice versa. Spectrum my cable provider has an app for Samsung but it doesn’t seem for any other television line. The web browser on the LG television can’t access spectrum television from their webOS.

What it boils down to is competing networks of giant corporate conglomerates more concerned about capturing rather than captivating their customers, and working at cross purposes with the result that users are being frustrated.

You would think with this big shift towards entertainment on the Internet this industry would get together and propose some common standards for interoperability to solve these relatively simple issues. I guess they’d rather pump all their money into figuring out how to cement us into their domains than make it easy for us to join OUR selected entertainment devices together in a cooperative network in our homes.

Right now I’m simply hating LG, Spectrum, and Apple all at once and regret having to give any of them one single more dollar.

I own Roku devices, fire devices, chromecast and Apple TV. I don’t want to have to buy a casting device for every TV simply to access the local TV cable company.

I do like the Apple TV pretty well the best out of all of them for its elegance of operation and the remote. I’m not sure it’s worth the $100 to $130 premium over other devices.

I guess right now the entire industry feels they need to focus on their stockholders rather than the 100s of millions of consumers who support these enterprises.

wifi direct from iphone to LG smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.