Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get rid of an add-on called Search-Quick

I noticed recently that my Safari homepage keeps getting replaced by something called Search Quick (search-quick.com) even after I specifically reset it to the page I want. It shows a graphic with a input bar and a flashing cursor underneath the graphic. I have never accessed this site so i have no idea where this came from. According to the makers it is supposed to be an add-on to quickly find stuff, and shows up in Spotlight as "Search Quick - Apps We Trust" but it is nowhere to be found, so I am unable to delete it, which I would love to do. Please help. I've been at it for many frustrating hours.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2.9Ghz Intel Core i5; 8GB

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:00 AM

Malware – Adware removal – Apple Support

Or download this program which was written by Thomas Reed, a long time poster. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. If you are uncertain about downloading programs, try the manual method.

Malware Guide – AdwareMedic – 10.7 and higher

1 reply

how to get rid of an add-on called Search-Quick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.