Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I lose my music if I uninstall and reinstall on windows

I want to be able to use icloud for backing up my music but I somehow do not have it on my windows itunes. Can I uninstall and reinstall itunes to get icloud back and is there a particular method to do this uninstalling etc.

Thanking you.

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 7:36 AM

You should not rely on iCloud to backup your music. There is no guarantee that any content will be available for redownload. You should always maintain a backup copy of your computer and its content.

iCloud is not something that is installed on your computer. To retrieve available music from iCloud go to iTunes Store>Quick Links>Purchased.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 7:36 AM in response to sixthedition

You should not rely on iCloud to backup your music. There is no guarantee that any content will be available for redownload. You should always maintain a backup copy of your computer and its content.

iCloud is not something that is installed on your computer. To retrieve available music from iCloud go to iTunes Store>Quick Links>Purchased.

Will I lose my music if I uninstall and reinstall on windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.