Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fully Disable Macbook Headphone Port?

Hello,

I have an issue with my Macbook Pro, where it doesn't recognise headphones anymore. Ordinarily this would not be a huge issue and I would just listen through the speakers, but at completely random intervals, the audio output will just switch from headphones, to built-in speakers and back again and again and again and again. I have also experienced the 'red-light-coming-from-the-3.5mmjack' issue.

I have taken it to Apple (out of warranty) and they said they could replace (for a fee) the separate logic board for the audio input? I went ahead with this but before they started work they said it was liquid damaged and replacing it won't make any difference as the entire computer will eventually fail, I was refunded. They also want £1300 to repair the liquid damage which is way more than I originally paid for it. I took it away but now I think I will go back and get them to replace the board anyway.

In the mean time, I was wondering if there was a way that I can get the macbook to 'ignore' the headphone port and only ever play audio through the internal speakers? Because having the audio cut in and out is slowly driving me insane. Is there a line of code I can type into 'terminal' so that it doesn't ever use the headphone jack?

I will be so grateful to anyone who can provide a solution!

Thanks 🙂

SPECS: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 6:58 AM

There are no replies.

Fully Disable Macbook Headphone Port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.