Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner not listed in preference application.

Why does my Brother 700D Duplex scanner not appear in the Printer and Scanner preference application? The scanner came with software (PageManager 9.50 Pro) which provides the ability for the scanner to function properly. Apple support website does not list driver software for this model or, at least, I did not locate the correct driver for this scanner. The driver software from Brother, Inc. is updated to the most recent version.

I am using a mac mini model 5,1 with OS 10.10.2.

Mac mini, null

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:49 AM

Start by reseting the printing system:

OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

Next add your scanner using an Apple supplied driver or go get the driver directly from Brother ( http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=ds700d_all):

OS X Yosemite: Set up a scanner

In most cases you don't need any additional software besides the scanner driver in order to scan.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner - Apple Support

Let us know if you are still not able to 1) add your scanner and 2) scan using Image capture software that came with Yosemite. Also tell us how this scanner is connected to your device... it says it's a mobile device so I'm assuming a wireless setup?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:49 AM in response to gryals

Start by reseting the printing system:

OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

Next add your scanner using an Apple supplied driver or go get the driver directly from Brother ( http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=ds700d_all):

OS X Yosemite: Set up a scanner

In most cases you don't need any additional software besides the scanner driver in order to scan.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner - Apple Support

Let us know if you are still not able to 1) add your scanner and 2) scan using Image capture software that came with Yosemite. Also tell us how this scanner is connected to your device... it says it's a mobile device so I'm assuming a wireless setup?

Apr 1, 2015 9:54 AM in response to pmiles

Thanks for your reply. I reset my printers. The reinstall list still did not list the scanner. I had also uninstalled the PageManger 9.50 Pro software. Since, I guess I really do not need to have the scanner model # displayed in the list of available products to install in the printer/scanner preference app. but thought it would be a good idea. I can still scan. Thanks so much for your reply. It was very helpful. the directions were very clear and easily to follow. Thanks again.

gryals

Scanner not listed in preference application.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.