Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pixellated images and poor display on brand new Mac retina 15 inch mid 2014, OS X Yosemite?

In January I bought a brand new Mac retina 15 inch mid 2014 model running OS X Yosemite. Since day one I've had weird issues with the display, like text splitting on web forms, weird contrast between pixellated text and images and perfect text and images within programmes like Adobe or on websites. I've included a couple of screen grabs below but not sure if they'll do it justice. I've also had a couple of weird glitches when lifting the lid after it's been sleeping - either slow to come back to life or glitchy display. Oh and when I use Safari to watch BT Sport my mouse sometimes disappears...

I have searched forums, spoken to Apple on chat and on the phone, been to the mac store twice and done every test, had the computer wiped and Yosemite reinstalled at the genius bar and I still get the same issues. Does anyone else have this?! It's driving me mad and so not what I would expect after spending so much on a top of the range computer, famed for its display... I do a lot of work on Photoshop then share images on social networks and I'm struggling to tell whether quality is bad only on my screen or on everyone else's!

Examples: when typing a YouTube comment:

User uploaded file

on Boots.com - notice the difference between the crispness of the text and the pixellated logo and main imageUser uploaded file

In iWeb - a programme that came pre-installed. Pixellated image and 'welcome to iWeb' text, everything else perfect:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 7:38 AM

There are no replies.

Pixellated images and poor display on brand new Mac retina 15 inch mid 2014, OS X Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.