Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting m4a to m4r

I've been doing this for years to create my ringtones in iTunes for my iPhones. But now when I'm doing it, I cannot see the file extension. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and I'm getting frustrated as I've tried everything. I'm running windows 7. I have pulled the AAC version to the desktop, and used to be able to click and change the file name to .m4r and return it to iTunes. Now it doesn't show up and I've done all the suggestions online such as Viewing item in Folder or Viewing in Windows Explorer, turning options on for the file name. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help??😟

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:07 PM

Just to be sure, when you open a folder (any folder will do) click on Tools -> Folder options... Then in the View tab, make sure the "Hide extensions for known file types" box is unchecked. Click OK and then see if the .m4a & .m4r extensions show up.

1 reply

Converting m4a to m4r

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.