Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse Lag

Within the past month I replaced my 2009 27" iMac with a new iMac (27", Late 2013. 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5. It came with OSX Yosemite and I updated it to Version 10.10.2 upon setup). This lovely new iMac hates mice! I've tried 2 different ones (Magic Mouse - NEW and 2 different MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500) and the recently purchased Apple track pad and each will sporadically work as intended and then the cursor goes out of sync with my movements lagging behind the mouse movements and jumping across the screen. A reboot will work until the machine feels like corrupting my mouse again, which can be anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours.

Please Note: this is not a mouse settings thing. I am not noting issues with the speed/acceleration. I am noting issues with the cursor being out of sync with hand movements with the mouse resulting in a spastic cursor bouncing across the screen. Often the click of the mouse won't even register. Nor is this issue specific with any application. It spans the entire desktop.

I have changed the batteries, swapped mice as noted, slammed the mice, thrown the mice, cussed, been judged by the dog and done everything short of putting this machine back in the box and requesting a new one. To their credit, mice work as intended on other machines. This is my only Mac using Yosemite, so I don't know if that's the culprit. Please help me out community. I design for 508 and accessibility. That does not mean I care to depend on it. Thank you!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:16 AM

There are no replies.

Mouse Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.