Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does my mail app work? all of my e-mail from Comcast is on my mail app. If I cancel my Comcast subscription, will my e-mail still remain on my mail app? I also use the apple time machine -is my mail stored on the time machine?

MacBook Pro - OSX 10.9.5

My Comcast e-mail is saved to my mail app. I am able to access my e-mail from both comcast and my mail app. If I cancel my comcast service will my mail still be saved on my mail app on my macbook pro? I also use the apple time machine. Is my mail saved to my time machine?

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 7:54 AM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2015 6:04 PM in response to minnaqua

minnaqua wrote:

MacBook Pro - OSX 10.9.5

My Comcast e-mail is saved to my mail app. I am able to access my e-mail from both comcast and my mail app. If I cancel my comcast service will my mail still be saved on my mail app on my macbook pro? I also use the apple time machine. Is my mail saved to my time machine?

To add to what has already been posted, you can create a local mailbox in the Mac mail app. Select all of the mail in your comcast mailbox and drag it to the local mailbox. It is then permanently on your computer, and will not go away if you cancel your comcast service.

How does my mail app work? all of my e-mail from Comcast is on my mail app. If I cancel my Comcast subscription, will my e-mail still remain on my mail app? I also use the apple time machine -is my mail stored on the time machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.