Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it possible to transfer file wirelessly from pc to ipad(like you do with usb through itune)? not syncing and backup

So basically i want the exact same thing/function of using a usb to transfer file from pc to ipad through itunes but wirelessly? for example i am using kindle and playerxtreme(video app) on ipad air and i have some file i want to add. normally i would connect the ipad and pc through usb and transfer file with itunes but is there anyway where i can use wifi to transfer file with itunes instead of having to use the usb cable?

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:45 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 9:53 AM in response to sion12

It is possible if your device runs iOS 5 or newer version and you're using iTunes 10.5 or newer. It's called WiFi sync https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203075

I find it useless because in order to sync, your device must be charging (plugged in). I figure if I have to charge the device (plugged in to the charger) to sync wirelessly, I may as well plug it in to the computer. Sync speed is a lot faster over USB connection anyway.

is it possible to transfer file wirelessly from pc to ipad(like you do with usb through itune)? not syncing and backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.