Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sync some albums/songs from iTunes 12.1 on my Mac to my iPad running iOS 8.2

In brief, when I drag content from iTunes to my iPad icon it will not transfer. It doesn't happen to all albums and songs but quite a few. I also have an iPod touch 5th gen iOS 8.2 and the same albums seem to move across ok? Most pf the time it say's "preparing to update" and then just does nothing?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:57 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Colly73

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any messages that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

Apr 1, 2015 10:26 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for trying to help. I hope this is what you need?

2015/04/01 7:20:37,538 PM discoveryd[51]: Basic Sockets SetDelegatePID() failed for PID[5208] errno[3] result[-1]

2015/04/01 7:20:56,908 PM discoveryd[51]: Basic Sockets SetDelegatePID() failed for PID[5208] errno[3] result[-1]

2015/04/01 7:20:59,527 PM com.apple.usbmuxd[54]: _SendAttachNotification Device 00:88:65:01:8f:e5@fe80::288:65ff:fe01:8fe5._apple-mobdev2._tcp.local. has already appeared on interface 4. Suppressing duplicate attach notification.

2015/04/01 7:21:32,498 PM iTunes[33222]: Entered:_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:312

2015/04/01 7:21:32,499 PM iTunes[33222]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:312

2015/04/01 7:21:32,499 PM iTunes[33222]: tid:25bd7 - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary

2015/04/01 7:21:32,499 PM iTunes[33222]: tid:25bd7 - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid

Apr 2, 2015 11:19 AM in response to Linc Davis

Your on to something. One thing I maybe I should have said was that my iTunes library is on an external hard drive, connected by USB. I firstly just tried another USB to lightning cable and it still didn't work. Then I transfered one of the albums that doesn't export to the iPad on to my MAC's hard drive and tried to export it from there on to the iPad, and it worked. I also disconnected the external hard drive. I shall do a few more tests. Perhaps the external hard drive is faulty?

Apr 5, 2015 12:49 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc Davis,

I've conducted a couple of tests. I exported my iTunes library to a second USB external drive and tried the same drag and drop of the same albums to my iPad. It still did not work. I then switched USB port to the one on the right hand side of my Macbbook Pro and still no joy.

Do you think it is safe to conclude that there is a problem with the USB bus in the Macbook pro? It is still under extended warranty so I want to tell the engineer what I think is wrong??

Thanks again for your help.

I can't sync some albums/songs from iTunes 12.1 on my Mac to my iPad running iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.