Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NTFS External HD not showing up in disk utility or finder

I recently brought my Macbook pro early 2015 with force click.

My NTFS driver is not being shown in disk utility/ finder. i have a seagate goflex drive. after searching many threads i came to know that seagate provides a free driver (paragon ntfs for seagate HD )exlusively for its users then i downloaded and installed from the official site. everything went well suddenly my NTFS HD showed up in the disk utility and finder felt very happy tried to open files and write some files. Throught my problem is solved for ever!!. i Unmounted the drive safe done some other work restared my Mac. now again i tried to mount my HD surprizingly my HD was unable to mount and not visible in disk utility/finder. dont know whats wrong. Again the problem stared, tried a lot of ways but of no use. many of the threads saying that mac can read NTFS but cant Write, but here i cant even read the drive.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:11 AM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2015 10:22 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

i thinnk the problem is with seagate, because yesterday i formated my HD in NTFS and tried to mount on my new MAC book 2015 it had no use, later i formated in ExFat again the same issue it didnt show up. then i tried to mount my HD on few laptops. Surprizingly my seagate is showing only on my dell studio and old Macbook 2012. i didnt understand the issue why this is happening. i tried to contact the seagate but those guys havent replied. my warrenty on HD has become void. dont know what to do now 😟

NTFS External HD not showing up in disk utility or finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.