Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone application is unstable. Iphone 5s, SW IOS from 7 till 8.1.3

the phone application is unstable:

- when i receive a call, it rings 2 times, then it stops. i cannot find the caller name in the phone list.

- i cannot make calls, the radio signal is varying, sometimes it is searching the carrier network

- another person calling me, hears my phone ringing and i am not answering. Actually i hear only 2 rings, if i am close to the phone then i see his number/name, otherwise later on i cannot find who was calling.

Once it gets to this state, there is no way out than restart the phone. Then it happens again after a few hours, 1 day.

I attache here some memory consumption screenshots.

any idea how to fix this wrong behavior? resetting is not a solution on long term.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, all IOS versions from 7 till 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:27 AM

16 replies

Apr 1, 2015 8:55 AM in response to OldGnome

No, the signal is not weak. It happens in many places. An for example at home, my family does not have such problem with other phones, including iphones using same carrier. same in the office with my colleagues.

resetting is a solution for the moment. it is not convenient to reset the phone all the time. because after a few hours or days, i have same problem. I cannot reproduce the issue, i do not know in advance when it appears.

the phone gets into this state, and i am not aware of this. I am aware of this only when i make a call (and i cannot), or when i see it rings twice me being close to the phone, or when someone is telling me that called me several times and i did not receive any missed calls.

Apr 3, 2015 4:34 AM in response to nickradu

I believe it is not the carrier since it is same behavior as removing the battery from a cell phone: Calling party keep hearing the ring back tone, while B party is disconnected (no battery).

I believe it is the radio module from the iPhone faulty, or the phone application which has a sort of restart or freeze is faulty. The iphone restart solve the problem since it restarts the phone application (so HW radio module is now working).

If the phone application is faulty, then I need another phone application for IOS, or phone application get faulty due to memory low, or interactions with other applications (like contacts application).

Apr 3, 2015 5:01 AM in response to nickradu

Conjecture.

You have been asked to query the carrier. You have been pointed in the direction of instructions for resetting (not restarting nor restoring) your phone.

It could very well be the radio module, but only testing will reveal that.

Call the carrier. Perform the reset. Then come back and tell us the results.

Otherwise, go to the nearest Apple Store and get them to diagnose the problem.

Apr 3, 2015 8:50 AM in response to OldGnome

The warranty AND post warranty service and support is NOT international

The iPhone purchased in the US CAN ONLY be supported serviced or exchanged in the US

Romania doe not have Apple Stores

The Carriers in Romania provide the service for the iPhones THEY SELL not grey imports like the one the OP purchased in US

Stop guessing at the answers

phone application is unstable. Iphone 5s, SW IOS from 7 till 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.