Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook issues: Wake from sleep, thunderbolt port, running hot.

All concerned, I have outlined my mac information, issues and attempted fixes below. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

My Mac Info.

MacBook (13 inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)

OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.2

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Seagate laptop SSHD 1TB (Upgraded from original 250gb drive)

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.32f8

Primary Issues.

• Sleep Mode. Computer frequently will not wake from sleep mode. Regardless of how the computer goes into sleep mode (shutting screen, automatically, or manually), when I want to wake the computer it rarely wakes. I can hear the computer humming, but it won't wake. I then have to do a hard shut down and start up with the power button.
  • Restart Twice. Upon restarting, I get a grey screen (as normal), but then the computer appears to restart again (screen goes black, hardware restart sound, then grey screen again) prior to the chime and apple logo.
  • Continuous Fan Operation. The computer runs hot and the fan sometimes remains on for a significant amount of time even after the computer sleep indicator light is on.
  • Thunderbolt port. Port not recognizing thunderbolt display.

Attempted Fixes:

• Safe Mode. Started in Safe Mode.
  • Verified and Repaired Disk Permissions. Multiple times. Mostly while in safe mode.
  • Reset SMC and PRAM.
  • Performed Backup/Clean Install.
    • Backed up with time machine and created clone with disk utility.
    • Created bootable thumb drive of Yosemite.
    • Performed clean install.

Results: None of the above actions fixed the problem.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Also running office mac 365

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:52 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook issues: Wake from sleep, thunderbolt port, running hot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.