Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did Apple stop creating Apple 1

I am just curious to know why did you stop creating Apple I?

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:26 AM

7 replies

Jun 6, 2015 3:44 PM in response to helpedu7

The Model A, the successor to the Model T, was a lot faster and used better parts, and looked nicer. Apply that to the Apple I and ][ and you find the Apple ][ was faster, used a better processor, and could display colors whereas the Apple I couldn't. Plus, the Apple ][ was already manufactured and required no modification by the user. Essentially, you bought the machine, plugged it into your TV set and the wall, and you could start running programs via cassettes (or, floppy diskettes, if you had the Disk ][ drive or a later model ][ like the IIc, IIe, or IIgs)

Jul 9, 2015 2:48 PM in response to helpedu7

The Apple 1 was Apple's introduction to the computer world. It was essentially a logic board that needed a power source, a monitor & a keyboard etc attaching to it. In my opinion, it was really a demo product showing what could be done as opposed to a complete product ready to fully use. It paved the way for Apple's next creation, the Apple II, everything the Apple 1 had to offer & more housed in a plastic case.

Technology evolves & to answer your question, they didn't so much stop it, they improved & grew it.

Ben

Why did Apple stop creating Apple 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.