Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone crashed lost music and now computer won't recognize it

Hello everyone!
So I was updating my iphone 5 (iOS 8 for sure, i think 8.1) and was adding some music when i thought i might not have enough space on my iphone. So on my iphone I deleted music and a few movies FROM the iphone, not in iTunes. My music app froze and then crashed. When i went back into the app all my music was gone except my 120 odd songs I actually purchased from iTunes. This has happened to me before and the fix was just to leave the iphone plugged into my computer and all the music would return in 20 odd minutes or so. Well after this crash my computer wouldnt recognize my iphone... some of my music came back but not even close to all (went from 5000 songs to right around 1200). Ive tried all the fixes ive read about. Restarting iphone and computer, re-installing itunes, tried a different cord, and a just about every fix possible using the device manager (i use windows 8.1). Something interesting about after it crashed was that the syncing arrows that spin around in a circle in the top left of the phone while syncing is taking place were spinning for like 12 hours after being unplugged from my computer... weird stuff. The only time I can even get my computer to recognize my iphone is even plugged in and is trying to connect is when I leave it plugged in and do a hard reset (holding down home and screen lock button) and then it recognizes it for like 10 seconds - says error code 43 and then will never reappear until I do another hard reset. I really dont know whats going on and as far as I can tell, im the first to have this type of problem, hopefully not but really appreciate any help you guys can give.

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:14 AM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Willy_D

Hello , Willy_D

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have an issue where your Windows computer is not longer recognizing your iPhone in iTunes. I also realize you have already completed a lot of great troubleshooting. I would first recommend, to ensure all steps have been completed, reading over the attached article and working through any steps that you have not yet completed.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Please let me know if the issue continues so that we can continue troubleshooting.

Have a great day,

Joe

Apr 8, 2015 8:53 AM in response to AppleJoe

Yeah man ive tried all of this before posting, this kinda my last ditch attempt. The problem is my iphone doesn't even get recognized on the device manager in the first place. Like I said earlier in my first post, the only time it recognizes it on the device manager is when i do a hard resest (holding down the sleep and home button) while it is plugged into my computer and then it only recognizes it for like maybe 15 seconds and then disappears off the manager list until I do hard reset again

iphone crashed lost music and now computer won't recognize it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.