Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer text pictures from iPhone to Photos and iPhoto

Received text photos in Messages on my iPhone. Desire to transfer pictures from the iPhone messages to the Photos app on the iPhone and/or to the iPhoto software on the IMac. Connected the iPhone via cable to the iMac and opened iPhoto, pictures did not transfer. Possible ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:17 AM

6 replies

Jan 3, 2017 4:55 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I have the same question pretty much but my issue is on a much larger scale.

I need to save THOUSANDS of photos from a single group txt into my camera roll.

Just going into the details of the txt message and manually selecting each photo takes HOURS literally. Then having to delete them all from the txt message takes almost as long.

Is there some type of solution to save blocks of photos without having to click each one?

Aug 14, 2017 9:22 PM in response to CB427

You can try following ways:

1.Use cloud drive like Dropbox, One Drive. Upload your photos from iPhone to cloud and download on your Mac.

2.Use iTunes to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Open iTunes > Connect your iPhone > Select your phone's icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab. If you want to sync all your photos, enable the option for "All photos, albums, events, and faces."

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2015 8:54 AM in response to CB427

Hello CB427,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Before you can import a photo you have received from Messages into iPhoto, you need to save the photo to your Camera Roll. After saving, you can then import into iPhoto. To save a photo from Messages, first tap on the photo, then tap on the share icon in the bottom left corner. Then simply tap on Save Image, and you will then be able to import the photo into iPhoto.

Send messages with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Transfer text pictures from iPhone to Photos and iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.