Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if you change your apple ID does all your purchased App work with your new ID

I want to set up a family iTunes account and new ID but will all my old purchased or how can I do what I want to do this make my old account to a family account so my own emails only for me and not the hole family.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 17" 2.3GHz i7 1TB SSD 16GB Ram

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 11:23 AM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2015 8:20 AM in response to russty63

Hi russty63,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are describing or looking to do. If you simply change the info associated with your current Apple ID (like, for example, the email address), then all purchases and information are retained. On the other hand, if you actually create an entirely new Apple ID from scratch, there is not a way to transfer purchases or info from one Apple ID to another. The article you linked from has the best info on changing your Apple ID, but you may also find the information outlined in the following articles helpful:

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Apr 4, 2015 1:59 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi what I want is to keep all my downloaded apps music on all my family iPhones iPads laptops and iMac but don't want my email accounts on all.

Am i right i can set up a new iCloud email account then change my iTunes email to my new iCloud email or Im wrong on this so I have to use a yahoo email or pls explain as If I understand apple ID and an iCloud account are the same thing?

if you change your apple ID does all your purchased App work with your new ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.