Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When viewing event in iPhoto, photo I see seems to be covering up photo I see when I select to view photo

This problem only affects most recently downloaded photos from camera card.

Should I just try to download again under new event name?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:30 AM

11 replies

Apr 1, 2015 10:40 AM in response to montyfromthe woodlands

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Apr 1, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Old Toad

iPhoto 9.5.1

OS X 10.9.5

Haven't tried any fixes.

Not sure about "location" or type of library.

Can't post screen shot. Just know that about 5 to 8 photos appear multiple times when I view the "event". Then when I click on one of them, other photos appear that I don't see in the "event" view.

Can't recall if I updated some software before downloading pics. Don't think so. Actually, downloaded pics from 2 different cards on same day. The problem does not affect the other set of photos.

I have an iMac. Space shouldn't be a problem, but how do I confirm?

Apr 1, 2015 2:01 PM in response to léonie

My post had User uploaded file in the last line. I'll changed it to apply and well see:

Do the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - apply Option #4, Rebuild Database.

Volia! You nailed it dead center. Guess I'll just have to slow down and "walk, don't ***" from now on.

When viewing event in iPhoto, photo I see seems to be covering up photo I see when I select to view photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.