Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air mid 2011 and Yosemite: quick power drain?

Hi there,

So I recently updated my Macbook Air mid 2011 (11') to Yosemite (10.10.2). I observed that the battery drains now much quicker. I guess that I have power for about 3h of my usual tasks (webbrowsing, calendar, some finder-activity), where before updateing I was enjoying about 5-7h.

Could this be related to Yosemite, and has anyone else experienced this on a mid 2011 air?

Tobias.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 4:30 AM

I’ve seen a small drop-off but nothing approaching 50% - Open the Activity Monitor App and select CPU. You can sort by CPU% use (be sure to select all processes) and see if anything is taking a huge portion of the CPU. A rogue process might account for the loss. Also under the Apple menu select About this Mac and click on System Report. Look for Power on the left window pane and then in the right pane you can find your battery condition and cycles. Depending on when you purchased, your computer could be 3.5 years old and batteries don’t last forever.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2015 4:30 AM in response to tobiasfromspace

I’ve seen a small drop-off but nothing approaching 50% - Open the Activity Monitor App and select CPU. You can sort by CPU% use (be sure to select all processes) and see if anything is taking a huge portion of the CPU. A rogue process might account for the loss. Also under the Apple menu select About this Mac and click on System Report. Look for Power on the left window pane and then in the right pane you can find your battery condition and cycles. Depending on when you purchased, your computer could be 3.5 years old and batteries don’t last forever.

Macbook Air mid 2011 and Yosemite: quick power drain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.