Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod touch is stuck in recovery mode

I just tried to restore my ipod to its factory settings, the process was not completed. Says an error (1) has occured, now my ipod is stuck in recovery mode. What do I do?

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2015 7:56 AM in response to drhenrie

Hi drhenrie,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If you are having troubles restoring your iPod and the steps in the article you came from didn't help. I would continue with this step from the following article:

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.

Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.

Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.

If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Regards,

Jeff D.

my ipod touch is stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.