Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want block my stolen iPhone using IMEI number

I lost my iPhone 5S yesterday. It doesn't have any content before i lost the phone and is not even setup yet. The phone is unlocked by the carrier so it means its in a brand new unlocked phone condition. I think i cant do anything using my iCloud credentials to block that phone coz the phone is empty and not even setup yet. I was so mad on the guy who stole my phone and i want to block it using the IMEI or serial number of that phone. I even filed a case to police department. Other than that is there anyway i can block the phone using these details?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 12:30 PM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2015 6:23 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

A carrier can blacklist the phone if the device is from their network. If the phone was not setup for a particular network yet, then it won't be registered to a network to blacklist. If you had used it on a particular network and are still associated with that carrier, and they support blacklisting, they can do it. But if you are no longer a customer of that carrier, and had not registered it on another network, you will not be able to blacklist it. Also, not all carriers offer blacklisting. It is something very new in the US.

I want block my stolen iPhone using IMEI number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.