Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro 9 midi issue

im cracking up

i had an magic Mt4 midi interface that i started having problems with after yosomite installed. basically when i press play or record on logic it transmits out on all midi channels causing chaos with my external synths. so after lots of research i came to the conclusion that it just is not supported anymore any bought the Motu micro lite midi interface. Same problem. i contacted the Motu and they said its a logic problem. i have set up the audio midi setup correctly and ll looks good in there. when i press a key on an external synth is transmits on its designated channel. it is literally only when i press play or record i get the burst of midi our information on all channels. anybody got any ideas?

thanks

ian

Logic Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 12:26 PM

Did you install the latest Motu Midi drivers

http://www.motu.com/download/

Have you checked the OS X Midi/Audio setup page to ensure everything is correctly setup there first?

Failing that...

Have you tried resetting Logic Main and CS Prefs?

Delete the user preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro 9 back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  6. If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.
  7. Restart the computer.

Note: If you cannot find any of the files mentioned in this tip,you didn't follow the instructions exactly as written 🙂

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 12:26 PM in response to uncleiano

Did you install the latest Motu Midi drivers

http://www.motu.com/download/

Have you checked the OS X Midi/Audio setup page to ensure everything is correctly setup there first?

Failing that...

Have you tried resetting Logic Main and CS Prefs?

Delete the user preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro 9 back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  6. If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.
  7. Restart the computer.

Note: If you cannot find any of the files mentioned in this tip,you didn't follow the instructions exactly as written 🙂

logic pro 9 midi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.