Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power light on Time Capusle periodically changes to flashing orange

I normally leave my Time Capsule turned on 24/7. About once a week or so, for no reason that I can figure out, the light changes to flashing orange (though the wireless network that runs through the TC still seems to function properly, I can still connect to the Internet and browse or receive/send emails). If I power down than back up after a few seconds, the TC reboots and returns to green. Where it remains until the next occurrence a week or two later. And repeat.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Does the TC need repair or replacement because of this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 11:35 AM

On your Mac......

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the Time Capsule icon

Look to see if there is an Update button in the small window there. If yes, that is why the amber light has been blinking occasionally.....to notify you that an update was available

Otherwise, wait until you see the amber light blinking again, and open AirPort Utility as above and click on the Time Capsule icon so that the smaller window appears

Look for the Status setting, and click on the small amber dot there. Another window will open to explain more about the Status and offer a remedy for the "issue".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 11:35 AM in response to Smokey's Dad

On your Mac......

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the Time Capsule icon

Look to see if there is an Update button in the small window there. If yes, that is why the amber light has been blinking occasionally.....to notify you that an update was available

Otherwise, wait until you see the amber light blinking again, and open AirPort Utility as above and click on the Time Capsule icon so that the smaller window appears

Look for the Status setting, and click on the small amber dot there. Another window will open to explain more about the Status and offer a remedy for the "issue".

Power light on Time Capusle periodically changes to flashing orange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.