Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover notes from iCloud backup

So I've just noticed my notes are missing. I have no idea when or how they went but they are not there?

(My iPhone 4S and iMac are all up to date software wise)

I've been trying to find out how to restore just my notes from an iCloud backup. I don't want to restore contacts etc as I'm fairly sure i've added a few more since the iCloud backup.

I downloaded some software called Wondreshare Dr.Fone and can see my files are on an iCloud backup. They are NOT on an iTunes backup or the Device Backup option (maybe these are older backups??)

Anyhow, I see the notes I want to restore so iCloud has them somewhere out there. I cannot restore them via Wondershare unless I register with them at a cost of £80 I think it was?

I don't understand why I have to pay? Am I doing something wrong here? I thought a backup was for these unfortunate occasions when things just go wrong?

If anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful..... please explain thoroughly as I'm easily confused with computer jargon.

Many Thanks

SBJA

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 11:24 AM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2015 8:19 AM in response to SBJA

Greetings SBJA,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you noticed your notes are missing from your iPhone and you would like to recover them from iCloud. Please read over the information located in the attached article to help shed some light on your question.

Get help finding missing information in iCloud after restoring an iOS device - Apple Support

Your Mail and Notes data

• Mail data isn't included in your iCloud backup, but your backup does include the settings for your iCloud email account and any other email accounts that you've added to your device. After the restore process is complete, your device retrieves any email messages available from iCloud and your email service providers.
  • If you set up your device to store Notes data in iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Notes), iCloud sends those notes to your device after the restore process is complete.
  • Notes data stored by a third-party service (such as Microsoft Exchange) isn't backed up to iCloud. Consult the provider of that service for information about how to retrieve the data.

Cheers,

Joe

Recover notes from iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.