Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPhone from Ebay and it did not turn on so I looked on WinSCP and it said there was NO files PLEASE can someone send me iPhon 4 files!

I bought an iPhone from Ebay and it did not turn on so I looked on WinSCP and it said there was NO files PLEASE can someone send me iPhone 4 files!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:36 PM

9 replies

Apr 1, 2015 1:53 PM in response to KangBoo

No, no one can do that. You need to try restoring it:

Placing your device into recovery (DFU-Device Firmware Upgrade) mode:

Follow these steps to place your iOS device into recovery mode. If your iOS device is already in recovery mode, you can proceed immediately to step 6.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but leave the

other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds

until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

* If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the

Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off,

release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the

device. The device should turn on. Note: If you see the battery charge warning,

let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some

charge, and then start with step 2 again.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

When this screen appears you can release the Home button:

5. If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

6. Use iTunes to restore the device.

If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, try these steps again. If you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen but the device does not appear in iTunes, see this article and its related links.

Note: When using recovery mode, you can only restore the device. All user content on the device will be erased, but if you had previously synced with iTunes on this computer, you can restore from a previous backup. See this article for more information.

Apr 1, 2015 2:12 PM in response to KangBoo

Sounds like a jailbroken device. That error has to do with attempting to put the incorrect iOS version on the device. The iPhone 4 will only work up to iOS 7.1.2, and if attempting to restore the device via iTunes or via DFU mode in iTunes is generating that same 3194 error, then I would say the device is jailbroken and unrecoverable. I would return it for a refund.

Apr 1, 2015 2:51 PM in response to KangBoo

I'm sorry, but it seems you are not understanding what we are trying to say. You cannot get the files anywhere but iTunes. The device could not have been empty and not contain iOS files, unless it was jailbroken. If it was jailbroken, you cannot get assistance here, and if the device will not restore in the manners that were described earlier, the device is useless. Return for a refund and get your money back.

Apr 1, 2015 3:13 PM in response to KangBoo

Nobody is confused here except you. What you are trying to do is hack the phone. Do you understand that. Except on a jailbroken phone, you do not have access to the file system. You either return the phone, or you go try to hack your phone somewhere else. You are in violation of the TOS of the forum, and the software agreement for the phone. Go away!

I bought an iPhone from Ebay and it did not turn on so I looked on WinSCP and it said there was NO files PLEASE can someone send me iPhon 4 files!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.