Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add year information for epub?

When I used to add an epub book to my iTunes library in iTunes 11 I could click 'ctrl + I' to get information and add author info, year etc etc.

Now, in iTunes 12 there is no option to add the year, only an option to change the 'release date'. I do not want to know the release date. I have my epub book library with a column showing the year for each book, this is enough information for me.

Does anyone know how to bring back the box to enter the year? I can still do it with pdf books but not with epubs.

If I have to use the release date option it means that when I show the release date column 90% of my books have the wrong release date as the are mostly books that have been given to me by friends and/or converted in Calibre and the metadata gets messed up sometimes. I don't want to have to correct the release date info for a thousand books!

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:20 PM

There are no replies.

How do I add year information for epub?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.