Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can hear Siri through my bluetooth headset but nothing else

I can pair my Plantronics WO2 headset through bluetooth to both my iphone 5s and my iPad Air. The headset works perfectly with my phone. I would like to use the headset with my iPad also; but when it is paired the audio still comes out of the iPad built-in speaker - except for when I engage Siri. When I interact with Siri it uses the headset perfectly. Any ideas?

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 8:52 AM

Hello Dave,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that all audio from your iPhone comes though your Plantronics headset, but only Siri audio comes through with the iPad.

You may find the information and troubleshooting tips in the "Get help with Bluetooth pairing and connectivity" section helpful with resolving this situation:

Using Bluetooth headsets and keyboards with iPad - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2015 8:52 AM in response to dave.perras

Hello Dave,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that all audio from your iPhone comes though your Plantronics headset, but only Siri audio comes through with the iPad.

You may find the information and troubleshooting tips in the "Get help with Bluetooth pairing and connectivity" section helpful with resolving this situation:

Using Bluetooth headsets and keyboards with iPad - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

I can hear Siri through my bluetooth headset but nothing else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.