Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard dosent work, like it says the sound when i try to write but it dosent write text

My keyboard dosent work, whenever i try to write something in a textbox it says the sound but it dosent write?.. Whenever i play games i can use like w-a-s-d but i cannot write in textbox's.. Please help.

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:19 PM

4 replies

Apr 4, 2015 9:15 AM in response to basimovich

Hello basimovich,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having an issue with the built in keyboard on your MacBook Pro. To begin general troubleshooting for the keyboard, I would suggest reading over and working through the information in the attached article. If the issue continues can you explain your situation further? Can you not type at all in any application or anywhere else in the operating system, or do you notice the typing issue in a specific application only?

One or more keys on the keyboard do not respond - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Apr 6, 2015 3:17 AM in response to basimovich

Im running OSX Yosemite 10.10.2, when i try to write something it dosent let me but it responds by saying the sound. When im playing games then i can use the w-a-s-d buttons, and how am i supposed to do a NVRAM reset when my keyboard dosent work?... Whenever i press the keyboard, my mouse directly begins to get really weird and instead of clicking 1 time it clicks 2 times or go in to the right click.. Hope you can help

My keyboard dosent work, like it says the sound when i try to write but it dosent write text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.