Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - USB connected to computer not being found

Hi

I have 2 third generation Apple TV´s

The first one works to connect to my computer via USB and it is being found by Itunes in my computer and the iphone configuration utility software for windows.

The first apple TV i can load a profile into. This to connect to my works network etc.

However, the second Apple TV does not work atall.

It is not being recognized by the computer, it is not showing up in itunes or the configuration software.

I have reinstalled all apple software and reinstalled it again, downloaded the latest versions

I have made sure to stop windows services that are being used to then restart them and try to connect.

I have also connected the apple TV to a monitor and reset the device from its own menues.

None of above works and it is still not being found.

I do get one error message from the iphone configuration utility software.

It says that i need to install the latest software, iOS 3.0 or above on my device.

When i try to update the device in its own menus it says it got the latest version.

Why is this happening to 1 of my devices?

It works fine on the other one. And both where bought at the same time.

edit: i have 2x third generation devices, model nunmbers: A1469

Message was edited by: behedwin

AppleTV 2, null

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:56 PM

4 replies

Apr 1, 2015 2:07 PM in response to KangBoo

I have restored the Apple TV that is not working by connecting it to a monitor and using the menus in the apple TV to restore to factory settings.

Could you explain what you mean by having the correct configurations for Itunes on my host file?

Dont know what you mean, what to do.

If something is wrong on my computer... why is the first apple tv device i have working normally?

Wouldn't that also have problems to connect?

Apple TV - USB connected to computer not being found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.