Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Here we go again,....iTunes update for Windows 7 fails again same problem as back in Feb update

Why is it that Apple is failing to get it right lately with their updates?

Tried to install latest iTunes for Windows update on my PC Win 7 and it fails again wioth same error messages as with the previous update in Febr.

Sooo very disappointed!!!!!

To go thru all this again is taking me a few hours again to fix this problem assuming it works again this time, maybe I should just give up on iTunes instead.

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

really *****,

NE1 have any suggestions for an easy fix?

thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 12:53 PM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2015 5:32 AM in response to turingtest2

First off the automatic install fails nothing happens.

Then tried the manual install after download, get the message that Apple mobile service failed to start and make sure i have required privileges to do so(Total BS)

the SetupAdmin.exe file does not provide any action.

Then right clicked the iTunes6464.msi file and installed it. Seems to install the update but when iTunes starts get the: "error 7" msg with iTunes helper was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. then w're in that **** loop......LOL

I believe this is because I have a 4 yr old laptop with old graphic card.

Apr 2, 2015 5:38 AM in response to cmyachtie

Strip it all out again. Install this version: iTunes for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards).

Next time there is a new release go back to the same page (it may take a day or two to be updated) and download the newer version of the alternate build rather than the default full 64-bit version that is being offered by the main iTunes download page.

tt2

Apr 3, 2015 8:13 AM in response to cmyachtie

It is a shame the installer isn't more robust. There is some compatibility checking going on so, for example, my computer at home actually directs me to install the "for older video cards" version if I try to run the itunes6464setup.exe, though I don't see why it couldn't do that automatically. For some others like yourself it seems there is some as yet unknown issue which causes the full 64-bit version to fail to install but doesn't prevent the alternate 64-bit installer for 32-bit core code version from working.

tt2

Here we go again,....iTunes update for Windows 7 fails again same problem as back in Feb update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.