Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried all different methods to install iTunes and it's still not working. I've uninstalled and re installed all components individually and it still refuses to work.

I believe it's due to the Apple Application Support program only being 32 bit...Which is quite stupid if you ask me. You release everything as 64 bit, yet forget to update the Application Programming? Good job for a multi-billion dollar corporation! Now how about you find a work around to this issue instead of copy pasting the same stupid troubleshooting links for us?

Sincerely,

A ****** Customer

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Agmaur

I was as frustrated as you are. I was treated like an idiot when yesterday when I was asking questions. Nothing they have listed anywhere in Support has worked. As a last ditch effort before hiring someone to fix it, I did follow their uninstall instructions, but then I uninstalled iCloud, safari and QuickTime 7. I uninstalled EVERYTHING from Apple. I then ran Disk Clean-up and deleted absolutely everything that wasn't necessary. I also deleted all but the most recent restore point. I have absolutely no idea if these things contributed to the end result, but thought I should share just in case. I then ran the install for iTunes (the version that was right for my lap top...64bit for older video cards). And the miracle finally happened...iTunes opened!!!!

I hope it works for you 🙂

Apr 2, 2015 5:47 PM in response to Agmaur

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Tried all different methods to install iTunes and it's still not working. I've uninstalled and re installed all components individually and it still refuses to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.