Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I do a simple line drawing with Mavericks? I used to use AppleWorks but this is no longer supported.

How can I do a simple line drawing using Mavericks? I used to use AppleWorks but this is no longer supported.

AppleWorks 6.2.4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:27 PM

11 replies

Apr 1, 2015 3:37 PM in response to Kappy

Those may be paint, i.e. pixel rather than vector, programs. The nearest thing to AW's 'Draw' module, which does vector drawings, is EazyDraw. It's quite a bit more powerful than AppleWorks, and of course it approaches methods in a different way, so there is inevitably a learning curve; and it's not all that cheap. LibreOffice mentioned above does have a vector draw module - at a quick look it does seem a bit limited and clunky, but it would at least be an inexpensive place to start.

Apr 2, 2015 1:38 AM in response to Tom Pilkington

I suspect that unless your drawings are pretty simple you will find LibreOffice a bit frustrating. EazyDraw is in the Mac App Store - the latest version (7) is £74.99 but there are earlier versions available there quite cheaply and you might well find one of them suitable. Version 5 for example is £10.99. (Links are to the UK version, presumably the US Store is much the same).

Incidentally, if you want to be able to open existing AppleWorks Draw documents in EazyDraw you will need the 'Retro' version which is available from their website.

How can I do a simple line drawing with Mavericks? I used to use AppleWorks but this is no longer supported.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.