Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to move music and podcasts to iCloud in order to free up memory on my iPad. It is maxed out.

I have a lot of music, podcast, and video data on my iPad. So much, in fact that there is no longer any free space on my iPad 2 (64 GB). I want to be able to move the files from my iPad to iCloud and eventually archive all of it to DVDs.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2, 64GB

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 1:42 PM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Rand50

Hello Rand50,

If you are having issues with storage management on your iPad, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following articles helpful (the second is aimed specifically at space-related update issues, but is also helpful for more general storage management issues as well):

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you need more space for an iOS update - Apple Support

As far as transferring data off your iPad via iCloud, you may also find these articles useful:

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support

Apple - iTunes - iTunes Match

Sincerely,

- Brenden

I want to move music and podcasts to iCloud in order to free up memory on my iPad. It is maxed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.